Frome 2-0 Winchester City




Club Main sponsor

Thame 5 Winchester 3

on Fri 25 Oct

Winchester went out of the F A Trophy when they went down 5-3 to Thame. They made one change to the starting line-up from Saturday with Luke King replacing the unavailable Liam Gilbert. Oli Bailey who was unavailable for Saturday's game was on the bench,

However having scored 3 goals in the last 7 minutes of the first game to earn a replay Thame continued where they left off with two goals in the first 12 minutes of the replay. Firstly after 7 minutes Dan West was the first to reach Greg Hackett's cross and 5 minutes later after Ryan Blake forced Ryan Pryce to make a good save at the expense of a corner. However from the resulting corner from Ryan Blake Jamie Essex headed home. The Thame defence were getting in some important blocks to deny Winchester, but Blake hit the post at the other end.

Jamie Barron pulled a goal back in the 28th minute having gone close a couple of minutes earlier. However in the next six minutes Thame scored twice with Greg Hackett scoring following another Ryan Blake corner and then Tom Ashworth made it 4-1. Winchester applied a lot of pressure at the end of the first half and were close to scoring on a few occasions. with Luke King and Jamie Barron having efforts saved at the expense of corners and Simba Mlambo having a shot cleared off the line.

Jamie Barron scored an excellent goal for Winchester shooting into the top corner at the start of the second half, and shortly afterwards Oli Bailey who had come on as a substitute forced a good save from the Thame goalkeeper as the home team were put under a lot of pressure. However any home Winchester had of keeping in the competition were very much reduced when Hackett scored his second goal of the game from close range. A couple of minutes later play was held up when a Thame supporter let off a flare.

When play resumed Winchester pulled a goal back in the 90th minute with substitute Rob Carr's effort going in off the cross bar and they tried to get back in the game, but there was no further addition to the score and so Winchester exited the competition. It was their third successive F A Trophy game in which both teams had scored at least three goals.






Club sponsors